Senior Scala Developer Antwerp
- You will reinforce our Scala/Java development team as a Senior Scala Developer.
- You and your team mates will expand the business through new services and coverage of a wider geographic area.
- Your development work will focus on the mission-critical back-end Scala code of our patented FlexPond and FlexTreo platforms.
- As a Senior Scala Developer you will be active in many parts of the code with principal focus on back-end Scala micro-services.
- Depending on your skills and preferences, you will work on big-data streaming frameworks, data analysis and visualisation tools, machine learning algorithms, micro-service architecture management, etc.
- As a Senior Scala Developer you will carry final responsibility for delivering quality software with the highest reliability and availability requirements.
- You will take ownership of entire projects that start with a high-level description by the product owner and finish with the validation of the feature in production. As such, you will work closely together with the development team, the product owner, business owners and other stakeholders.
- As a Senior Scala Developer you will assume an active role in functional, technical design and architectural discussions. You will also explore new tools and frameworks to adopt in the REstore technology toolbox.
- While we would like our Senior Scala Developer to have a Master Degree in a relevant field - such as Computer Sciences, Civil Engineering or Applied Engineering - we will also consider other exceptional candidates with proven track records.
- The successful candidate will have proven experience in the industry of over 5 years as a Java or Scala developer, preferably with a track record of implementation in complex environments with high reliability and performance standards.
- Expert knowledge of Java is required, as well as expert knowledge of Scala or the intention of rapidly acquiring such knowledge.
- As a Senior Scala Developer you have experience with functional programming (Scala, Haskell, Java 8, …).
- Basic knowledge of Linux is required and knowledge of Akka, Kafka, Cassandra, AngularJs, Python is a plus.
- You will join a high potential technology company creating a sustainable energy market.
- Your creative input will have a high impact within our expert team of software developers and data scientists.
- A flexible work schedule will allow you to balance the time you spend working from home or from the office.
Solliciteer voor deze vacature